Here is a mama-made reversable apron that Sabina wears from time-to-time… it is also one of my fave birthday presents to make and give, modified with pleat variations, tool pockets etc for kiddies birthdays. The more boy-ish version is a tool belt.
KID’S REVERSIBLE APRON
The fabric for both the apron and the belt is fully doubled (thus reversible)
- BELT PART: Measure and cut the double width belt
- Fold in half with right sides together
- Stitch the side seams, fold right way out and iron flat with bottom seams ironed in
- APRON PART: Fold the apron fabric in half with right sides together and stitch the side seams
- Turn right way out and iron flat
- Pleat the doubled apron fabric to suit the overall width you want
- JOIN BELT TO APRON: Enclose the apron in the belt by putting the folded belt over the top of the apron and pin to hold
- Stitch along it along the bottom seam of the belt.
Easy peasy. Next time I will take better tutorial pics…