THE TUPPERWARE SCARE
Last night I went to a Tupperware party at Katy Chalmers house. I had mixed up my days and received a phone call from her an hour into her party – oops. I rushed to get ready and arrived in time to smell the chocolate cake finishing in the oven and the demonstration nearly over. Not such a problem, I have seen it many times. But Im glad Katy telephoned me as it was Mystery Pack week this week, and I can’t resist ordering tupperware when a bonus mystery pack is involved.
TRUFFLES (MODIFIED FROM “TUPPERTRUFFLES”)
At the first tupperware party I attended (as an adult, not tagging along with mum as a kid) at Katy’s house we made Tuppertruffles. They were super-rich but delicious, and I came away from the party SOLD on the Tupperware Cool Cubes Trays. So I had a hankering for more truffles earlier this week, this is my version modified slightly from the Tupperware version in the following ways:
- 300gram cooking chocolate / 100 gram eating chocolate substituted for 200grams of each to suit the packs they come in
- Omitted 1/4 tsp orange rind or drops of orange essence
- 1Tbsp orange liqueur substituted for 1Tbsp of Kahlua (it was in the pantry and goes well with chocolate)
- 50gram walnuts or hazlenuts substituted for almonds and peanuts (again, what I had in the pantry)
The Truffles are super easy, and result in a hard cracking chocolate shell surrounding a soft fudgy nutty liqueur centre. Give it a go, they will be ready in less than an hour.
Ingredients (modified as above)
- 50 grams of nuts
- 200 grams dark cooking chocolate
- 200 grams eating chocolate in dark, milk or white (I used milk, dark is over the top rich)
- 25 grams copha or kremelta
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 TBsp liqueur (Kahlua)
- 1 Tbsp dessicated coconut
- Cocoa for dusting (if desired)
- Toast the nuts in the Microwave on Medium High for 2 minutes, then allow to cool before roughly chopping.
- Roughly chop all chocolate and place in a microwave jug with the Kremelta. Micro for 2 mins on Medium until softened, then stir with a spatula til runny.
- Place condensed milk, liqueur, coconut and nuts into a bowl and add 1/4 cup of the melted chocolate mix. Stir til thick and fudgy.
- Pour (the recipe says “carefully spoon”)melted chocolate into the ice trays to cover the base. Top with 1/2 teaspoon of the fudgy mixture, then pour (again recipe says to spoon) over the remaining chocolate to encase the fudgy mix
- Refridgerate or Freeze for 15-30 mins ir until set. Twist ice trays to remove the truffles. Gently dust with cocoa if desired.
- Truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the frige for up to two weeks, but I doubt they could last that long without being eaten.