Seeing as summer is coming, Sabina and I set this morning to join the throngs of Christmas Shoppers at Moore Wilson. But my mission was more mundane than festive; I bought a king single duvet inner with the aim of creating 4 summerweight cot duvet inners, to go with the cot duvet covers I previously made from flat sheets. 4 cots = 4 covers, we have 3x cots in the babies bedroom and a 4th emergency cot in our bedroom for those not so blissful nights when a baby needs separating from the others (this happened last night with Thomasin breaking out tooth number 8 so now I’m prepared with the bedding).
This hardly needs a tutorial, but I’ll flick up the pics regardless. And since you get 4 shots at this you can try different things with the seams. I used bias binding for one then resorted to simple blanket stitching for the rest.
I don’t know the cost of a a brand new cot duvet, but I’m guessing it would be a lot more than the less than 10 bucks these ended up each costing.